14 May 2007

Nkuli vs Flabba hot?


Yesterday I read a review of Flabba’s CD in the City Press. I must say, it was quite flattering to Flabba overall, and the reviewer (not generally known for their good taste in rap music it must be said…) said something to the effect that he’s SA’s top rapper. I could certainly have agreed with this five years ago, or at least have said he’s in my top five list. That boy had crazy flow, and his stuff was fresh. Cheeky, entertaining, brash was he the Flabba of Skwatta Kamp (before the car accident). These things do change people you know, ask Magesh.

I can’t comment on the new SAMA-winning CD as yet because I don’t have it. But I’m pretty sure a good rapper doesn’t wake up overnight to become a bad one, although if a rapper has little control over the music then he can be made to sound wack. If anyone has listened please feel free to holla.

No comments: